The ICTQT activity is focused on the scientific research in the area of quantum foundations, quantum communication, quantum information, as well as on a development of quantum technologies with an emphasis on quantum communication and new computing techniques.
Currently ICTQT consists of six research groups:
* Foundational Underpinnings of Quantum Technologies (leader Ana Belen Sainz);
* Multiphoton Quantum Optics for Quantum Information (leader Marek Zukowski);
* New Quantum Resources (leader Paweł Horodecki);
* New Quantum Resources and Thermodynamics (leader Michał Horodecki);
* Quantum Cybersecurity and Communication (leader Marcin Pawłowski);
* Quantum Open Systems in Relation to Quantum Optics (leader Łukasz Rudnicki).