Student position in New Quantum Resources Group for IRAP project
Project title: 'International Centre for Theory of Quantum Technologies'
[Project within the International Research Agenda programme of the Foundation for Polish Science]
We are looking for one student to work in the New Quantum Resourcers Group at the International Centre for Theory of Quantum Technologies (ICTQT), funded by the Foundation for Polish Science, and hosted by the University of Gdańsk (UG) - pioneering and leading center of quantum information research in Poland.
ICTQT aim is to find new solutions and protocols for basic aspects of fundamental quantum physics, from new non-classical phenomena, measures of non-classicality, structural aspects of quantum theory, theory of quantum measurement, up to theory of open systems and quantum thermodynamics, and bring them into quantum technologies.
The ICTQT activity is focused on the scientific research in quantum foundations, quantum communication, quantum information, and development of quantum technologies with an emphasis on quantum communication and new computing techniques.
The Centre consists of 6 groups: Multiphoton Quantum Optics for Quantum Information (leader Marek Żukowski); New Quantum Resources (leader Paweł Horodecki); Foundational Underpinnings of Quantum Technologies (leader Ana Belen Sainz); New Quantum Resources and Thermodynamics (leader Michał Horodecki); Quantum Cybersecurity and Communication (leader Marcin Pawłowski); Quantum Open Systems in Relation to Quantum Optics (leader Łukasz Rudnicki).
More about the research groups please find at: https://ictqt.ug.edu.pl/.
- Active scientific research.
- Presentation of project results with a diverse audience at ICTQT and at external events.
- Participation in seminars, group meetings, and other activities of scientific exchange.
- Participation in activities organized by ICTQT.
- The candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent) in physics, computers science or mathematics.
- The candidate should be interested in mathematical and conceptual foundations of quantum mechanics.
- It is appreciated that the candidate should know the programming languages (C++, Python or Matlab).
- filled-in recruitment form;
- curriculum vitae (including, e.g., awards and publications);
- motivation letter (including statement of current scientific interests) – up to 2 pages;
- documents confirming scientific bachelor’s degree, or equivalent;
- name and contact details (e-mail addresses) to one senior researcher who may provide reference for the candidate (the candidate is expected to contact the referee and ask him/ her to send reference letters directly to email@example.com). The letters must be sent before the deadline). ICTQT may also contact the referee directly, to request the letters, or to send reminders.
General rules of the recruitment process:
- The recruitment procedure has two stages:
• Pre-selection candidates by the Selection Commission (SC), based on documents
provided by the candidate;
• Interview of pre-selected candidates by SC;
- A student position is offered to candidates who are already fourth and fifth-year students at Polish Universities/Institutions in the field of science or technical, medical, natural sciences.
- The decision will be made by the Selecting Commission (SC) within 3 months from the date of recruitment completion.
- SC reserves the right to invite for the interview only pre-selected candidates.
- SC’s decision is final and is not subject to appeal.
- In the event of resignation from accepting the position of the selected candidate, the SC has the right to send the offer to the person placed on the reserve list, and in the absence of such a list, the SC has the right to reconsider the applications submitted to the competition and to indicate a new candidate.
- SC reserves the right to close the competition without selecting the candidate.
Please submit the documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.