Three Postdoctoral Researcher positions in theoretical quantum physics
We are looking for three enthusiastic and motivated Postdoctoral Researchers to work in the International Centre for Theory of Quantum Technologies (ICTQT).
ICTQT was created in 2018 within the International Research Agendas Programme of the Foundation for Polish Science co-financed by the European Union from the funds of the Smart Growth Operational Programme, axis IV: Increasing the research potential (Measure 4.3). The founders of ICTQT are Marek Żukowski (the director) and Paweł Horodecki (the research group leader). The Centre’s official partner is IQOQI-Vienna of the Austrian Academy of Sciences.
The Centre consists of 6 research groups:
- Multiphoton Quantum Optics for Quantum Information (leader Marek Żukowski);
- New Quantum Resources (leader Paweł Horodecki);
- Foundational Underpinnings of Quantum Technologies (leader Ana Belen Sainz);
- New Quantum Resources and Thermodynamics (leader Michał Horodecki);
- Quantum Cybersecurity and Communication (leader Marcin Pawłowski);
- Quantum Open Systems in Relation to Quantum Optics (leader Łukasz Rudnicki).
In this competition we are particularly looking for candidates whose interests are in line with the research done in New Quantum Resources Group, New Quantum Resources and Thermodynamics Group and Quantum Cybersecurity and Communication Group.
- Active scientific research.
- Presentation and discussion of ideas and results with a diverse audience at the ICTQT and at the external events.
- Participation in mentoring of PhD and MSc students.
- Participation in activities organized by the ICTQT.
- Active participation in seminars, group meetings, etc.
- PhD degree in physics, mathematics, computer science or philosophy (PhD degree obtained in 2017 or later).
- The candidate should be interested in conceptual foundations of quantum mechanics, quantum optics and quantum information theory and related topics.
- The candidate should be committed to working collaboratively within inclusive and diverse environment.
- Some experience in numerical calculation/optimization is welcome.
- Good written and oral communication skills are appreciated.
- Full-time employment in a rapidly developing unit, the International
Centre for Theory of Quantum Technologies at the University of Gdansk.
- Scientific and organizational support.
- Basic equipment and core facilities.
- Friendly, inspiring, interdisciplinary environment, which features close connections to the National Centre for Quantum Information (KCIK) and the Institute for Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics (IFTiA) at UG.
- The start date of employment is negotiable, the employment period may be extended after an evaluation.
- Filled-in recruitment form.
- Curriculum vitae.
- A research resume with a list of publications, and a list of research projects (esp. those in which the candidate was the principal investigator); PDF files
of three most important papers by the candidate (or just web links, in the
case of open access publications); a list of invited talks at conferences and
workshops, and a list of academic prizes and awards;
- Motivation letter (including statement of current scientific interests) – up to
- Documents confirming scientific degrees (copy of PhD diploma, or
- Name and contact details (e-mail addresses) to two senior researchers who
may provide reference for the candidate (the candidate is expected to
contact the referees and ask them to send reference letters directly to
email@example.com. The letters must be sent before the
deadline.). ICTQT may also contact the referees directly, to request the
letters, or to send reminders.
- The recruitment procedure has two stages:
- Pre-selection candidates by the Selection Commission (SC), based on the application form.
- Interview of the pre-selected candidates by the SC;
- A postdoctoral position can be offered to candidates who received their PhD degree in 2017 or later.
- The interview is expected on November 2021.
- The SC’s decision is final and is not subject to appeal.
- The SC reserves the right to close the competition without selecting a candidate.
- The SC will announce its decision within 3 months from the date of recruitment completion.
Please submit the documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job entry on Euraxess: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/689774