Postdoctoral researcher positions in the Maestro-13 project: "Relativistic causality and information processing" no. 2021/42/A/ST2/0035 financed by the National Science Center.
We are looking for a postdoctoral researchers to work with prof. Paweł Horodecki in the International Centre for Theory of Quantum Technologies (ICTQT), funded by the Foundation for Polish Science, and hosted by the University of Gdańsk (UG) - pioneering and leading center of quantum information research in Poland.
The "Relativistic causality and information processing" project’s central goal is to study the information-processing properties within the broad framework of „within-and-beyond-quantum” theories (relativistic quantum physics, PR-boxes, GPTs, etc.). To this end and intergrative methodology combining the tools from i.a. quantum information, quantum field theory, relativity, C*- algebras and cryptography will be developed. Finally, protocols for physical implementations and/or simulations of some of the theoretical findings will be developed.
ICTQT was created in 2018 within the International Research Agendas Programme of the Foundation for Polish Science co-financed by the European Union from the funds of the Smart Growth Operational Programme, axis IV: Increasing the research potential (Measure 4.3). The founders of ICTQT are Marek Żukowski (the director) and Paweł Horodecki (the research group leader). The Centre’s official partner is IQOQI-Vienna of the Austrian Academy of Sciences.
The Centre consists of 6 research groups:
- Multiphoton Quantum Optics for Quantum Information (leader Marek Żukowski);
- New Quantum Resources (leader Paweł Horodecki);
- Foundational Underpinnings of Quantum Technologies (leader Ana Belen Sainz);
- New Quantum Resources and Thermodynamics (leader Michał Horodecki);
- Quantum Cybersecurity and Communication (leader Marcin Pawłowski);
- Quantum Open Systems in Relation to Quantum Optics (leader Łukasz Rudnicki).